I've been natural all of my life, but I didn't discover my hair’s potential until
recently. When I was younger, my mother used to put my hair in four plaits
every week. Not the cutest look:
Around the age of 8, I started doing my own hair, but I really had no idea what I was doing. I just pulled it into a bun or ponytail or put it in two pigtails. Then, in May 2011, after about a month straight of flat-ironing my hair, I went swimming and my hair turned back curly. I was amazed with what I saw! For the first time ever, I realized that I had curls! (Strange, I know). That same night I went home and googled “curly hair”, found www.curlynikki.com and truly began my natural journey.

The day after I discovered my curls. Also the first day I ever wore my hair down. (Ignore the expression, please)
Around the age of 8, I started doing my own hair, but I really had no idea what I was doing. I just pulled it into a bun or ponytail or put it in two pigtails. Then, in May 2011, after about a month straight of flat-ironing my hair, I went swimming and my hair turned back curly. I was amazed with what I saw! For the first time ever, I realized that I had curls! (Strange, I know). That same night I went home and googled “curly hair”, found www.curlynikki.com and truly began my natural journey.

The day after I discovered my curls. Also the first day I ever wore my hair down. (Ignore the expression, please)
So since then I’ve been trying to figure out these curls. My hair is mostly 3c, with looser, longer S-curls at the top and tighter O-curls in the middle, back and temples. The hair on the left side of my head is curlier and thicker. The shrinkage is crazy in the back.

Shrinkage!!

I’ve dyed my hair several times with several colours, including black, brown, red and blonde. The most recent color was Garnier Nutrisse #83 (a blonde colour). I used this about four times in three months, which resulted in my current black/brown/orange/idon'tevenknow hair colour.
My hair is just past shoulder length when curly and the longest parts are mid-back length when stretched/straightened. The front and back are the shortest parts; the front because of the “bangs” I cut and the back because of the pattern and the fragility of those curls.

No comments:
Post a Comment